Long Tale Press Terms of Service
- You must be 13 years or older to use this site.
- You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your screen name.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Long Tale Press users.
- You may not use longtalepress.com for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- You are the author and solely responsible for blog, forum, profile, reviews, and any sample chapters or manuscripts that you submit for publication by Long Tale Press.
- You must not modify, adapt, hack, compromise or otherwise attempt to compromise longtalepress.com or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with longtalepress.com.
- You must not create or submit unwanted email to any longtalepress.com members ("Spam").
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- You must not, in the use of Long Tale Press, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright and "cyberstalking" laws).
- Readers and reviewers agree that they have read the works that they review. Readers and reviewers will constrain themselves to commenting on the written work, and not on the writer. Writers will respond equally to the criticisms or accolades, and not to the character or person of the reviewer.
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your longtalepress.com account. While longtalepress.com prohibits such conduct and content on its site, you understand and agree that Long Tale Press cannot be responsible for the content posted on its Web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use longtalepress.com at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate longtalepress.com for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Long Tale Press is organized so that writers can post samples of their material for review by readers and potential publication by Long Tale Press. Long Tale Press operates under the same general guidelines as any other book publisher. A submission remains the property of the author up to the time that a publishing contract is signed. At that time, Long Tale Press will register copyright to the work in the author's name and license all rights from the Author. Author will grant Long Tale Press exclusive rights to the Work in exchange for royalties to be paid to the author. Up until that point, writers may remove their submissions from consideration and Long Tale Press will not publish their content.
- Writers agree that the work they submit for review is their own work for which they have all
rights to sell. Writers further agree that
- Works submitted to the "submissions" as a synopsis and sample chapter are their best effort at a publishable product. We are not interested in seeing drafts. If readers believe the work is not ready for publication, it will not be published.
- Writers have the right to negotiate the sale of the creative works they have submitted and have not contracted with any other publisher. If the writer contracts with another publisher before their creative work is approved for publication by Long Tale Press, they agree to immediately remove the sample chapters and synopsis of that creative work from the submissions.
- Writers understand the terms under which a book may be accepted by Long Tale Press and the royalties they may expect to receive. Long Tale Press does not negotiate varying royalty rates for different authors. Our rates are among the most generous in the industry. The Publishing Agreement used by Long Tale Press is posted on the longtalepress.com Web site for your review. If you do not like or want to agree to these publishing terms, do not post your submission.
- Long Tale Press LLC is free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to Long Tale Press ("Content"), including, without limitation, responses to questionnaires or through postings to the longtalepress.com site, without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the longtalepress.com Web site or other Web sites. Furthermore, by posting any Content on our site, submitting Content to us, or in responding to questionnaires, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free irrevocable license and right to display, use, reproduce or modify the Content submitted in any media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future. The sole exception to this rule is material submitted through the manuscript excerpt submission process which remains the work and property of the writer until such time as Long Tale Press licenses the rights to that work under our publishing agreement. Long Tale Press may use reviewer ratings and comments in promoting Books for sale in the Long Tale Press Bookstore and to make recommendations to users. Long Tale Press will not sell or give personal user information to any third party for any reason other than in matters regarding content or intellectual property infringement stated below or in the case of the sale of the Long Tale Press business.
- Long Tale Press will review all claims of copyright infringement received and remove content
deemed to have been posted or distributed in violation of any such laws as soon as it can. To
make a claim, please provide us with the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit Long Tale Press to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Claims can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Long Tale Press, 16625 Redmond Way, Suite M#342, Redmond, WA 98052.